DESCRIPTION
1017-1019 Blanshard Street was constructed in the early 1900’s as a storefront retail building that included alleyway access for wagon deliveries.  Over the following century, it was gradually renovated into inefficient, closed space with no remaining decorative features.  
Fort Properties renovated the building in 2013 with the goal of recreating and reinterpreting the original character features and rejuvenating the commercial district.  The renovation included a full seismic upgrade and the addition of a host of environmentally friendly features, such as passive solar sun-shading, in-floor radiant heating, and reuse of the building’s original heavy interior timber elements.  

The building is now home to two thriving restaurants, La Taquisa and Be Love.