OFFICE AND LEASING ADMINISTRATOR
Summary: Reporting to management, the Office and Leasing Administrator will work closely with management to provide support for residential and commercial leasing functions. The role will also include other executive assistant and office management tasks for a small but active real estate investment and development company.
- In collaboration with legal counsel and management, assist in the preparation of leasing proposals, offers to lease, renewals, lease amendments, leases and other commercial and residential lease documents.
- Maintain database of lease encumbrances, rights and options.
- Research and maintain database of commercial and residential rent rates.
- Coordinate and input leasing assumptions into the system for budgeting processes.
- Process and track commission invoices and future commission payments.
- Maintain filing system for leases, property tax invoices, property tax assessments, and other related documentation, and set up new files as needed.
- Develop and maintain system to track lease renewals, pending lease terminations and other items related to the implementation of leases.
- Liaise with brokers and prospective tenants, show available spaces, provide accurate and timely information on vacancies and assist with screening new tenants.
- Assemble marketing brochures and update social media as needed to market vacancies.
- Prepare accurate and timely leasing activity reports, vacancy reports, lease abstracts, rent rolls, market reports, marketing performance reports, budgets and forecasts, and other reports and documents as required.
- Receive and handle leasing inquiries during high volume periods and escalate to management as needed.
- Oversee and execute new tenant, renewing tenant and departing tenant checklists. Liaise closely with bookkeeper to ensure accurate rent information is reflected in the accounting system.
- Assist with the preparation of other legal documents, including license agreements for the Fort Common.
- Assist in the development and implementation of targeted marketing programs specific to each property in the portfolio.
- Other general administrative tasks including: answering phones, handling mail, setting up board room for meetings, coordinating meetings, taking minutes, managing shared Outlook contacts, supply management, and other office management and executive assistant functions.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary educational background (University Degree or College Diploma)
- Must have an eye for detail and be extremely organized and process oriented.
- Team player who enjoys supporting others and ensuring that systems are running smoothly so that the team can perform at its best.
- Ideally the candidate will have some experience with and knowledge of legal documents or contracts, leases, sublease agreements, indemnity agreements, and knowledge of real estate markets and trends.
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills. Must be an excellent editor capable of reviewing and editing legal documents.
- Strong customer service skills and collaborative inter-team communication skills.
- Excellent Word, Excel and CRM skills.
- Social media and internet savvy
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and sometimes with little direction.
- Excellent research ability. If you don’t know how to do something you’ll figure out how to do it by reading, researching, and talking to people who do know how to do it.
- You’re flexible and are willing to sometimes work on something that you don’t know much about or is a little outside of your comfort zone.
- Focused on a collaborative approach to doing business.
ABOUT FORT PROPERTIES:
Fort Properties Ltd. is a third generation, family owned and operated company based in Victoria, B.C. We focus exclusively on property ownership, management, and development, and are deeply committed to creating healthy and vibrant places. We believe it is our role to create Space That Contributes – to create and manage dynamic built-environments that allow business people to shine and enhance the community as a whole.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package and a great working environment. For more information about our company, please visit: www.fortproperties.ca.
Please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please. We thank applicants in advance but only qualified applicants will be contacted. No agencies accepted.